Posted by moderndaygourmet on August 31, 2007
This one is from Melanie too. She shared it forever ago and I didn’t make it until recently. Oh my word, why did I wait so long! This is amazing.
1 box manicotti noodles
1 pound boneless chicken breast, finely chopped (3-4 chicken breasts, cooked)
1 sm. onion, finely chopped finely
2 cans (10 oz. each) cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 sm. can mushroom pieces and stems
Basil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano to taste
* Cook manicotti according to package directions, drain, lay to cool on flat surface.
* Boil chicken as we discussed (can be done ahead of time).
* On stovetop, cook all the other ingredients and stir in chicken.
* Stuff manicotti shells with mixture until full, trying to not tear the shells (But really, it’s okay if you do, they still taste the same!!!!!)
* But into a 11×14 (or somewhere close to that) baking pan. Top them with any left over sauce, then cover with marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce. Cook about 20 minutes or until sauce is warmed throughout, top with more cheeses and cook for 5-10 more minutes.