Posted by moderndaygourmet on November 8, 2008
This recipe is weight watchers and South Beach Diet friendly. Who would have thought it could be so easy, too? You could substitute ground turkey for the beef.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together salt, allspice, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add ground beef and gently mix with hands to combine; shape into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned, about 3 minutes; lower heat to medium and cook 3 more minutes, gently shaking pan. Using a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to a plate.
- Add broth to the same skillet, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream and cook 1 minute more. Add meatballs. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.